Knit Meter

Friday, September 26, 2008

A Little Bit of Knitting

With Coffee on the Side

Last night I went out to knit. Through the wonders of modern science - ie the internet - a knitting group has been formed at my end of town. Off I trotted braving storms and pestilence (rain) and met up with 3 like minded people. Although one of them was crocheting which is very close to like minded and I am working on a crochet baby blanket at the moment although I didn't take it with me.

I wanted to take something fairly easy so that I didn't have to worry about the knitting so took the wrap I have been working on for ever and don't know when I last picked up. Not surprisingly I ended up unpicking the first 2 and half rows I knitted.

The night was not without drama. We met at a Starbucks which is close to a school and offices so doesn't get very busy in the evenings. A young couple came in and sat near us and her body language screamed unhappy. I didn't notice the guy leave but I did notice the girl on the phone quietly crying - which meant only one thing. After a while someone came and picked her up; so not only did her guy dump her but he left her to get home by herself - did I mention it was raining hard.

But I have been reliably informed by the boy child that you do not go to coffee shops as a couple as they are notorious dumping grounds (no pun intended). No wonder Starbucks is in difficulties.

No comments: